Pages

Cavern of Remembrance(click to play,listen to this when you read my blog)

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thinking about venturing and gaining

I'm just making a point before I start talking. This is what I was wondering about because I was making an attempt to wreck my brain.....no that's not true. I just felt like writing it down. So I hold no offensive attitude to anyone or anything, this is purely my opinion. Feel free to disagree with me and tell me your thoughts related to this topic. I would love to talk.
Please no defiant comments, I don't exactly know what I am talking about so....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I myself wasn't really certain how this thought came up to me either, so don't ask.
Maybe because I am a big fan to Full Metal Alchemist, but that's not exactly how it came up.
Okay, so.
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained."
This sentence popped out in my mind when I was eating dinner just now. (I did too much thinking and my father kind of got pissed at me but that's another story.)
And then I was thinking, does that mean when you are not losing anything, you are actually not gaining anything either?
Maybe so.
Everybody heard "I don't want to lose anything." once or twice in their lives, perhaps they might even have said it themselves. But the point is, that also means you are not going to gain anything, or worse, you are saying that you don't WANT to. Well of course I'm affirmative that people did not mean to not gain anything when they said that sentence, I can understand what they mean. They are saying that while maintaining the capability to obtain, they do not desire to lose anything at the same time.
People call this greed, selfishness, desire. It takes in different shapes and name-gluttony, lust,etc.But it's only natural, even though this kind of wish is not necessarily something to be proud of, however everyone has it.
Who doesn't want a perfectly happy life?
Nonetheless-I'm not claiming that we shouldn't have it-gaining and not losing is not nearly a possible thing to do.
Although sometimes you may THINK it is like that, when practically you did lose something.
For example, you grow up. You like growing up. It is the best thing that ever happened to you and there is nothing to it. No toll, no nothing. Nevertheless, if you look at the big picture here, you have lost the innocence and that easily fulfilled satisfication as a child.
Now, in my opinion, equivalent exchange DOES exist in this world.
I can feel all kinds of contradictory comments even though I am in front of my laptop and talking to no one.
Just saying, no Full Metal Alchemist is involved in this, except for the word.I'm no lunatic. Alchemy doesn't exist.
However, alchemy is not what equivalent exchange is. Alchemy is solely a made-up way for humans to substantiate the existence of that philosophy as well as an exhoration to achieve to a level to manipulate it.
This so called "equivalent exchange" is obviously something you cannot control, because alchemy is not real.
Frankly I do not even think the current definition of equivalent exchange is right.
That doesn't mean it is not there in this world though, right?
I hear a lot of people say that the world is not fair.
What IS fair?
You lose something you love and you don't get anything back?
What do you mean by "anything"?
"Anything at all", or "anything that makes you equally happy"?
The answer is undeniably the second one, am I not correct?
You gained SOMETHING, but merely because it does not satisfy you, it is not fair?
It is not worth it?
Maybe the thing you gained IS worth everything you lost, but you don't like it.
That doesn't mean it's not fair.
That just means you don't think it's fair.
Sometimes the things you exchanged is not exactly what you wanted. When you do not know what you will lose, you should not expect to gain what you wanted either.
Let's say you born in a poor house, no food, starving, ugly, and you want to die.
So in the formula of the equivalent exchange, you lost home, food, looks.
What you gained is the sadness, independance, and a dreadful experience of agony.
Not what you expected, but you wouldn't have obtained all of those if it wasn't for the things that happened to you.
It is equally as valuable.
It is merely not something you expected.
Sorrow can be exchanged as happiness sometimes, but sometimes it cannot be.
Happiness can be exchanged as happiness sometimes, but sometimes it cannot be.
Nothing is absolute.
We humans have so much we don't know. Maybe we have a ton of things that we will not know.
The world is full of possibilities.
And all I am doing right now is making assumptions.
Because you don't like it or you didn't realize it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Just like because I believe in equivalent exchange in an unique style doesn't mean that it exists either.
Maybe it does,
maybe it doesn't.
It's for everybody to find out.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment