Pages

Cavern of Remembrance(click to play,listen to this when you read my blog)

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Passion's Side Effects by Jeemin Roh

My personal good friend Jeemin Roh entered the radio contest with her songs :D She is a very talented song writer, especially at a considerably young age. She has a very very nice voice. The kind that echoes in your brain when you hear her songs. Her songs relate to me in a very peculiar way. Her voice makes me think that I was the one experiencing through everything, even though I didn't. The strong emotions are felt behind the words. It is indescribable. It's very quiet. It is very amazing how songs forms a bunch of stories in myhead.I would probably write a story or two with this song as background? I'd have to ask for her permission though :D EVERYBODY VOTE FOR HER!!!!

http://radio3.cbc.ca/#/bands/Jeemin-Roh

You may listen to her songs here :D
My favourite song is "Passion's Side Effects".
I listened to it so many times and had her send the song to me so I can put it on my iPod. This song shares so much contradictory emotions of love and passion. And how hurtful it felt when all the passion burned out and it ended with nothing. It shares the longing of being with the one you love, the yearning of getting back the quiet but warm times of merely the company of each other, of what two people do and the heartfelt emptiness when it was all gone. The girl loves him with such powerful love that it was causing pain in the heart. And instead of getting it all out she chose it let him move on and find another girl and not make it hard for him.

It's truly brilliant. This is the lyrics.

Passion's Side Effects :
We say our hellos that end in goodbyes.
It's so polite I almost forget
The way your lips felt under the streetlight ...
How you would throw me up against
The wall we scratched initials of our names with chalk.
Did you pay up your parents' phone bill caused by endless talks?
But I promise I won't make it difficult for you to move on.
I swear my eyes will be typically dry when you say "Bye,”
Promise I will hate you.
I'd count the freckles on your shoulder.
They're sprinkled like stars, or on donuts.
And oh my God, I've become so hopeless.
That's when I found out it had to end
With all the letters that you wrote when I'se asleep.
They now hide underneath the bed you swore you'd never leave.
Now I feel just fine. I don't get nauseated when she'd kiss you.
Lie, tell'em you're dead to me, ‘cause he'd hate it if I missed you.
Bye, honestly, I hate- What we've become: so complicating to the point it's irritating.
Passion's fun but trust is boring.
Shut your mouth but keep it moving.
Too shy to tell him how we were.
Wish I could spill it all the more
About all the fights and screams we shared.
Never mind the nights and dreams alone.
How much I miss you - I could never tell, I curse you, ‘Cause the hole you left a cavity, that's filled up by our brevity
S-sickening. th-threatening. k-killing. st-st-stuttering.
The side effects of you and me have left me broken.
But I promise I won't make it difficult for you to move on.
I swear my eyes will be typically dry when you say “Now I feel just fine.”
I don't get nauseated when she'd kiss you.
Lie, tell'em you're dead to me, ‘cause he'd hate it if I missed you.
Bye, promise I will hate you.


I got Jeemin's permission to put my story on :D
It is written according to the lines of the songs.
It's short but I think I did okay.
I love to capture the lines because her songs just make up stories themselves.
I will put it up later after I edit it.

ANYWAY PEOPLE VOTE FOR HER!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yayyyyyyy~ I like I like!

    -jeemin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just listened to that song... incredible.
    I'll totally vote for her.

    ReplyDelete