Pages

Cavern of Remembrance(click to play,listen to this when you read my blog)

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another one of my reviews: Final Fantasy IX



Here is another video that I didn't make...about Zidane and Garnet....the music is not from FFIX but i think it is good...Enjoy!

I have never played FFIX before......
But I already knew everything about them.
I watched all the play-through videos and read the entire script for like uncountable times.
By the way, if anybody knows where you can download FFIX files in PSP...please tell me......
As you can see, FFIX is my favourite. Yes, my comments about FFIX is not as emotional and passionate like my reviews about Final Fantasy X, but when you are seriously stunned and impressed the depth of something, you are not excited, but starting to grow respect to the game. And that is how I feel.
Firstly, Zidane is my favourite character of all times, and it will never change. Why? Because he is not sullen like the previous characters, such as Cloud and Squall. I love the way his "my way or the highway" attitude and the straight forward manner. I have to admit, though, he is a definite skirt-chaser and some might say a player. And personally I do not suppose that it is a bad quality. I mean, being a skirt-chaser, he could understand the mind of the girls and how to make them happy. He knows when and how to be gentleman. What girl doesn't love that? He does have a dark side though, just like Squall. But unlike him, Zidane is always trying to make the best out of what he has. Plus he has the confidence that says "You never know until you try." which I really like. However, what really won me over was the kind personality, knowledge and insights. I have to say, he sure has a lot of depth for a thief.
The storyline in the game, for me, it is subtle and generally held a comedy image. It doesn't have as much impact compared to the other Final Fantasy. However, it has great details and depth. Although the actual story is the least Final Fantasy that is related to reality, it has the most insights and moral lesson aboiut life. Every detail of the game is so connected that truly impressed me. The relationships between the characters are very elaborate and well-kept. Especially the developments of their relationships and the strong bond that are unfolding slowly throughout the story. Every character is connected in someway, deeply(well, except Quina...). Like how Zidane and Vivi understand each other's feelings of being created, how Zidane's attitude to Garnet gradually turned from light and easy to thick and loving, and how Amarant learned the sense of teamwork from Zidane. Everybody in the game is being influenced and changed by Zidane, meanwhile Zidane is being influenced and changed by all of them too. And FFIX is probably the FF that shows the most development of romance between the main character and heroine. I love how they show the slow changes of atmosphere between Zidane and Garnet, and not unreasonable and abrupt.
I like the graphic of settings in FFIX and the character designs. But I don't know why, Zidane's design is the most un-outstanding of all....his pants are just rigid....it looks like someone shoved a metal in those pockets...Square Enix should've REALLY fix it...the Dissidia version looked so much better.
I love the music in the game....it's not as beautiful as the music in FFX, but the music gives the entire story a more "tale"-like feeling. And they have the BEST battle OST ever. My favourites are:"Melodies of Life","Tantalus' Theme","Bittersweet Romance","Battle 1","Kuja's Theme","Final Battle" and "The Place I'll Return To Someday."
I really like FFIX and may I say me and Garnet are a lot alike. I wish I can meet my Zidane one day.

1 comment:

  1. I wish there was FFIX for the PSP, but sadly there isn't...i think. If there is, I would get it. Anyhow, am currently on the 4th disk of the game FFIX, and am about to beat it. You should really try the game, it rocks!

    btw, if u have a PSP, try getting Final Fantasy Dissidia. It's basically all the good guys of Final Fantasy against all the bad guys, in a final showdown between good and evil. It rocks! I'm gonna get it for sure!

    ReplyDelete