Pages

Cavern of Remembrance(click to play,listen to this when you read my blog)

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Customer in the Guest Room Chapter 4

There is a sequel to this~
I'll publish the those ones later...right now me is tired....
And i need to finish my drawing :D
Feel free to ask me for my wonderful drawings lol
And i'll send it to you if you are willing to tell me your email
Mine are done in pencil and i'm not willing to do all the coloring work so it's not blog-publishing worthy..

Click for the original version

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4

"....3 days?"
"Yeah, I only have 3 days. That old man doesn't have boundaries!"
"Wait, Zidane. Calm down."
Though Garnet pulled him down onto the seat, Zidane continued to blabber non-sense that would not connect together as a story in any conceivable way. He was in a panicking mode.
He went to propose for her, then why would this person become so incoherent? What did he mean by 3 days? Garnet's questions overwhelmed her due to Zidane's disoriented ranting.
"Zidane....explain this to me properly."
Garnet tugged Zidane's arm.
"First of all, he wouldn't let me marry you unless I go to university!"
"University?"
"Yeah, that old man Cid told me that. If I don't graduate he won't let me marry you."
"Uncle Cid?"
"Yeah."
Finally Zidane's rational thoughts seemed to be coming back to him. He was capable of telling the story in order now.
"And then, I'll be going from September. But before that I have a tutor to get me prepared, so I have to go back to Lindblum after 3 days or else I won't catch up!"
"3 days....."
"Moreover, once I go to Lindblum, I can't meet Dagger for 2 years until I graduate.....! I will never be able to endure that!!"
Eventually the story was set straight. Garnet sighed quietly.
Her brain had two complete contradictory sentences. "Uncle how can you be so mean." and "Oh why thank you so much uncle." flashed through her flash in turns.
Zidane was an ordinary Lindblum citizen, therefore an absolute rookie when it came to governing. If he suddenly married her and became the King, the knowledge he learned in the most famous Lindblum University would come in handy
eventually.
However, Garnet could not endure not seeing Zidane for two years.
"But....if Uncle Cid said so..."
"Dagger!!"
Zidane shouted as if it was the end of the world.
"Well compared to the 2 years you disappeared...at least this time I know that you are studying and doing well in university...so I might be able to make it."
Zidane fell in silence. What she said was so true that he could not deny it.
"Besides, I'll write you letters. Everyday."
"E-Everyday?"
"Yes, everyday. I'll put everything I did and everything in mind in that small envelope and send it to you."
"....Dagger."
Even though they were together everyday, it was not frequent for them to talk about what happened in that day.
But it was awfully tempting to Zidane that all of that could be achieved by a letter. Furthermore, whenever she was writing the letters, there would be no doubt that she would be thinking about him.
"I'll write letters too."
"Zidane should put studying as a priority."
"...I know."
"Come back after 2 years. I'll be waiting."
Garnet smiled softly like a blooming flower.
Zidane chiseled that beam into his brain. He was thinking, that this tip of mouth, would support him as an invisible force for 2 years.


* * *

"Are you really going to separate them for two years?"
Asked Helda in an astonished expression.
"No way! Why in the world would I do that?"
It was Cid's turn to be dismayed.
"How would Garnet be like if I treat her like that?! That 2 years was a lie."
"Hmmm...oh dear."
"But dating is prohibited until public vacation! You can tell Garnet, but keep it from Zidane."
Afterwards Cid closed one eye in a playful expression. That face was so eerie that made Helda laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment